Definitively the Best Summer Whiskey Cocktail
On my hunt for the best cocktail for summer 2021, I scoured the internet to find the perfect, most refreshing summer cocktails and combined all their best ingredients to make the absolute best one.
Think mojito meets Moscow mule. We present: The Mosquito.
The mosquito has everything you want in a refreshing cocktail. It’s got whiskey, fresh strawberries, mint, but with a lingering bite from the ginger beer- much like an actual mosquito.
Mosquito Whiskey Cocktail Ingredients
- Bourbon Whiskey
- 6-8 oz Ginger Beer (We used Fever Tree)
- 2-3 Strawberries
- Fresh mint (optional but recommended)
How to Make the Mosquito
1.First, start by grabbing your glass and all your ingredients.
2. Cut 1-2 strawberries in half (depending on size/personal taste) and take 3-5 mint leaves. Place the strawberries and point together at the bottom of the glass, and muddle together. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use a fork, or even better, a wooden spoon.
3. Add Ice
4. Add 1.5-2 oz of bourbon whiskey.
5. Add 6-8 oz of ginger beer. If you choose Fever-Tree, it will take the entire bottle.
6. Garnish with a strawberry and mint.
Voilá! The Mosquito. We recommend enjoying it on your favorite float in your pool, but on the couch under the AC is good too.
Here at Whiskey Raiders, we do more than write about current events in Whiskey. We are the only media property reviewing whiskeys as well as aggregating the scores and reviews of other great voices in the whiskey world in one place. Check out our Review Archive for reviews and thoughts from our in-house critic. If you’re interested in getting a shot of whiskey in your morning email, sign up for our Daily Dram Gram!