WATCH: Speed Art Museum’s ‘Art of Bourbon’ Auction Includes Chance to Score Pappy, Other Rare Releases
The Speed Art Museum’s annual “Art of Bourbon” auction is scheduled to take place Sept. 23, and this year’s lineup is a real stunner, headlined by a Pappy Van Winkle 15-year. Check out bourbon expert Fred Minnick break down the lineup bottle by bottle.
Sounds pretty great, huh? Some details about the auction:
Where: The “Art of Bourbon” auction traditionally takes place at the Speed Art Museum in Louisville, but this year it will take place online.
When: 7-8:45 p.m. EST on Sept. 23.
More info: Pre-registration for the bidding is encouraged. In case you didn’t watch the full video, here are some highlights that will be at the aucion, courtesy of the museum:
- Van Winkle Family Reserve 15-yr No 841 – Lot 23 Estimate: $12,500
- The Collector’s Edition 21-Year Old Bourbon from the 1960s/early 70s. Distilled and bottled by Dowling Distillers. A collector’s item in every sense of the word. Estimate: $6,500 – $7,000
- Old Forester BF 150 Special Edition Birthday Bourbon, 2021 12-yr – Lot 32. Bottled specifically for Brown-Forman’s 150th anniversary and only made for the distillery’s founding family members. Never sold in retail, very limited quantities produced. Estimate: $2,000
- Woodford Reserve Baccarat Edition – Lot 15 Estimate: $6,000
- Jim Beam Lineage 15-yr, only available in duty-free stores. Estimate: $2,000
- Park & Tilford Private Stock Estimate: $6,000
- The Ultimate Maker’s Mark “Immersion Experience Barrel Selection with Rob Samuels” that includes custom Brook White artwork Estimate: $20,000
- Rabbit Hole Single Barrel, picked with Founder and Whiskey Maker, Kaveh Zamanian Estimate: $20,000
- Nearest Green Private Distillery Experience with Master Blender and 5th generation Nearest Green descendent, Victoria Eady Butler, Plus 1 Signed Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey Master Blend Trilogy Set (1 bottle each of its newest release, Master Blend, and the 1884 Small Batch & 1856 Premium Aged Whiskeys) Estimate: $2,000
- 1-year-old Castle & Key Bourbon Barrel distilled by one of the most well-known Master Distillers in the industry, aged in the famous Castle and Key rickhouses for the next two years. Estimate: $2,000
- Longbranch Bourbon and a Yeti Cooler with off-the-hook goodies from the Lone Star State curated by Matthew McConaughey Estimate: $800 plus bragging rights
Here at Whiskey Raiders, we do more than write about current events in Whiskey. We are the only media property reviewing whiskeys and aggregating the scores and reviews of other significant voices in the whiskey world in one place. If you’re interested in getting a shot of whiskey in your morning email, sign up for our Daily Dram Gram!